Monday, November 29, 2010

Grandma's Sourdough Scones

This is one of the sourdough recipes I got from my grandmother years ago

1 cup flour
dash salt
1 TBSP baking powder (yes tablespoon)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup oil
1 cup sourdough
Optional: your choice of 1/2 c raisins, cranberries, candied peel, dried fruit, etc.

Mix together dry ingredients.  Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir.  I added raisins to mine to make raisin scones.


Turn out onto lightly floured board and knead 8 to 10 times.


Roll or flatten until 1/2 to 3/4" thick.  I pat mine into a rectangular shape.


 Cut into diamond shapes.  I cut mine into wedges instead.  I first cut them into rectangles.


Then I cut each piece on the diagonal.


Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes.


Remove from pan and serve.  You can serve them with butter, honey, or jam.

1 comment:

  1. Joan I can't wait to give these a try! They look wonderful and I love the fact that you got the recipe from your Grandmother.
    the wanna be country girl - Caroline

    ReplyDelete