Monday, September 10, 2012

Car Ride with Lulu

Lulu and I took another trip to see Barry in Alberta.  She doesn't mind travelling as long as I'm there.  Travelling with a chicken makes packing interesting.  I basically have the trunk and the front seat as Lulu has the back seat to herself.

I have a number of old sheets and towels that I use to cover the seat.  Add a dish of eggshells and a dish of scratch on the seat.  In her kennel she has a bowl of water and another of chicken feed.
 
 
 Here comes Lulu ready to travel - but first she has to check things out. 
 
 
"Okay, so I have snacks to eat - I must try them out just in case they are not good."
 
 
"Not bad but where are the peanuts and sunflower and pumpkin seeds."

 
You hoo!  Mom!  You forgot something!  Where are my travelling snacks?"

 
Lulu checks out her kennel.  "Hmm, nothing in this corner." 

 
 "Nothing over here, either!"
 
 
"Hey Mom!  No snacks in here either!  And I saw you had bags in the front!  And grapes!  You have grapes and aren't sharing!"  All this drama and we haven't even left the driveway yet!  ;)

 
Actually, Lulu is fairly easy to travel with.  She only gets agitated sometimes when she is trying to lay an egg.  Poor girl - she lays such large ones - I'd get agitated too!
 

 


4 comments:

  1. The more I see of Lulu, the more I love her. And you for taking such good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love her to bits. She adds sunshine and laughter to my life. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous, if slightly demanding, travelling companion Lulu is. I love reading about her :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really isn't that demanding but she does like her snacks. I pack treats for her just like I used to for my boys when we travelled when they were young. This trip, Lulu was lucky and got corn on the cob. It was getting over-ripe but she didn't mind. She loved it and it gave her something to do. :)

      Delete