Monday, March 11, 2013

Painting Update

Well, I'm over half done my painting and am very pleased with the results!  The kitchen was done in dark panelling, so I needed to do two coats of primer and two coats of paint to cover it.  I am painting the kitchen a peachy colour.  I am also painting the window and door casings white, as right now they are a dark brown.

I am finding it more difficult to paint this time, as to see the edge, I need to wear my glasses and they are progressive lenses.  I find I have to hold my neck at weird angles, and as a result of that, I get quite a stiff neck.  Oh the joys of getting older!

It has rained a fair bit this last while, so all the snow is gone in the yard.  But Lulu doesn't like to go out in the rainy, windy weather so she amuses herself indoors.  She spends much of her time in the nesting box thinking she needs to lay an egg but nothing comes of it. 

One day, I decided to give her a warm bath and blow dry to see if that helped.  Fortunately it did because as soon as she was dry, she hopped into her nesting box and laid a shell-less egg.  Lulu does not seem to be able to produce shelled eggs any more, even though I give her a calcium supplement 3 or 4 times a week.  I suppose if I have to regularly bath and blow dry her butt so she doesn't get eggbound, that is what I'll do.  Oh the trials of being a chicken mom!  ;)

Barry is home for a week, so we'll be out in the yard finishing the pruning and such.  It will be a nice break from the painting which I'll finish after he leaves for work again.  And then, by the time that is finished, it will probably be full-time in the yard and garden.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment