Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sourdough Peanut Butter Cookies

This recipe was adapted from the Robin Hood Sherwood Oat Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe published previously.

Ingredients

3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. shortening  **  I use margarine or butter  
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 c. sugar    ** I use 1/2 cup sugar
½ c brown sugar   ** I use 1/4 cup brown sugar
1 c. sourdough
2 eggs
1/4 c. water
1 c peanut butter chips   ** could use chocolate chips instead
1/2 c. chopped peanuts 

Cream together shortening, sugars, and peanut butter.


Add eggs, sourdough and water.  Mix well.


Mix in flour and baking soda.  Stir in chips and peanuts.


Roll into small balls and place on greased cookie sheets.  Press flat with a fork. 


Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.  


Again, I usually get over 6 dozen so I must make my cookies smaller.  I think it started when my boys were young.  I would bake a full day and make a number of kinds of cookies to freeze.  When we refilled the cookie jar, there would sometimes be as many as half a dozen varieties.  It was hard for the boys to choose a cookie so I would make them smaller and they could have three.  So we always had the rule of three which worked until they went elsewhere and thought that have a cookie meant have three.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello! We just came across your recipe for sourdough peanut butter cookies and thought we would extend an invitation for you to join our monthly baking group. We are called Sourdough Surprises, and each month we find fun and unique ways to use our starters. This month we are featuring cookies, and we would love for you to join us!

    ReplyDelete