Monday, January 17, 2011

World's Largest Pysanka

From time to time in my travels, I have come across tourist attractions that claim to be "world's largest . . ." .  Often they provide a place for people to snap their pictures with the above mentioned item.  We have a number of these in our old photo albums.  Sometimes they are cheesy, sometimes the are quite interesting.  Some of them have weathered the years nicely, whereas others have become shabby with the passing years.

As more and more highways are built to bypass the small towns, these attractions are fading into the past.

I plan to take the occasional side trips off the main highway to check out these "world's largest items".  I will be sharing my findings with you. 

If you have a "world's largest ?" near you, jot me a note so I can add it to my list of places to see if I am travelling in your neighbourhood.

Today's trip takes us to Vegreville, Alberta - the home of the "World's Largest Pysanka".  Sit back and enjoy a bit of travel trivia.


It was a snowy day when I stopped by so some of the signs were covered with flakes of snow and frost crystals.


The signs provide a great deal of information about the structure itself and on Easter Egg symbolism in general.













No comments:

Post a Comment