Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cereal Treats

My mom recently had her 80th birthday and I did the baking for the party.  Here are a couple of recipes I made that use cereal.

Chocolate Krispie Log

This recipe is originally from a Kraft Foods ad.

Ingredients
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
2 c mini-mallows
2 c Rice Krispies


Melt chocolate chips over low heat.



Stir in the marshmallows and cereal.


Spoon mixture onto wax paper.



Roll into log shape - about 18" long.



Refrigerate until firm.  Remove the wax paper.


Cut into slices.



This treat tasted nice and chocolaty but I found it a bit dry.  I know I've made something similar before but it must have been a different recipe because I remember it being more chewy.  I'll have to check through my recipes and see if I can find it.

I got the following recipe from my mom.  She makes it regularly and I like it as it is nice and gooey.

Mom's Corn Flake Squares

Ingredients
1/3 c marg
1 package of marshmallows (40)
1 c coconut
1 c sliced almonds
3 c slightly crushed corn flakes


Melt marg and marshmallows at medium heat.


Stir until melted then remove from heat.



Stir in the rest of the ingredients.  Press into a greased 8" x 8" pan. 



Cut into squares and enjoy!




My mom has several standard square recipes that she makes regularly and this is one of them.  It is very simple to make but one of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment