Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall in the Rocky Mountains

Here are some pictures I took travelling through the Rockies this fall.  They are lovely and magestic in all seasons.

Autumn in the Mountains

 
 
 Late summer’s shadows turn to fall,
 

Still wakes in me a beckoned call,



To trample through the crisp dry leaves,



Aft frost from season’s first chilled breeze.



Turning what was once a forest green,



To mountains dressed in fiery sheen,



Of maple red and golden oak
,


Flaunts their regal autumn cloak.






I watch a southbound vee of geese,



A romping squirrel through fallen leaves,





As sweet smoke rises from chimney spire,


Hangs like perfume in fall’s cool air.


It’s time like this my soul’s at ease,


A moment to ponder a bit of peace,


With one last chance to take a peek,


Ere winter turns this place to bleak.

 


Poem by Ktdid

2 comments:

  1. Sigh... I wish we had changing seasons in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... I wish we had changing seasons in Florida.

    ReplyDelete