Monday, January 7, 2013

Lulu's Sleeping Habits

Lulu has changed her sleeping arrangements.  Before I left for the prairies, she used to sleep on the roost that my son made for her.  There she could nibble on her food when she awoke and wasn't ready to get up yet.




However, she had fallen off a couple of times before I left.  I think she was turning around and lost her balance in the dark.  I didn't like to see Lulu sleeping on the cold, hard floor so would sometimes let her sleep on her end table in the living room.  She seemed to like it as it is covered with bedding and is soft to lay on.  The only downside is she can't eat anything until she gets down and goes into the kitchen.




While I was gone, Tina put Lulu on the end table every night so that is now her new place to sleep.  When she wakes up in the morning, she jumps down onto the couch but has trouble jumping down onto the floor.  Once on the floor, she heads into the kitchen and has her breakfast.  

Lulu then heads into my room to catch some more zzzs with me.  (I am a late riser during the winter.)  She quietly comes into the bedroom and goes behind the bed.  If she is lucky, the quilt is hanging down and she cuddles up to it.  Otherwise she sticks her head under the bedskirt and goes to sleep.



Lulu then decides when she wants to get up.  Often I will be up and gone and she stays behind the bedOn occasion, Lulu has even slept until noon!  

I find this funny that a chicken will stay up at night because we are (she is too noisy to sleep when we are still up) and sleeps in when the sun is up.  Lulu is losing her chickeny habits. ;)



 What a funny girl!


8 comments:

  1. Awww, Lulu, what a lovely girl you are :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No but she makes kind of purring noises sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I just love your Lulu stories. My husband does too. He'll frequently ask me, what's up with Lulu? We love her so much that we renamed one of our babies Lulu Lemon. But we mostly just call her Lulu. She's a 24 week old Blue Andalusian and she's is a looker. She's starting to mature and becoming VERY curios and while she won't let me pick her up. She'll come right up to my face and look at me while I talk to her. Here's hoping she's half as special as your Lulu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comments.
      How sweet of you to name one of your girls after Lulu. Do you have any pics of your Lulu? My Lulu is very clingy since I've returned. She wants to sit right next to me all the time.

      Delete
  4. Sweet
    Lulu must be the luckiest chicken in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Lulu may be the luckiest chicken but I think I'm the luckiest chicken momma. ;)

      Delete